• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 02:53 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Awesome. I recently acquired another turtle. It was found in the yard of a friend of my Grandma's. We think it's a Russia tortoise. 

Doing much riding?

zourtney

Only a little. We really recently got one of those bike-mountable baby seats. It's a little awkward, but pretty good overall. Pretty soon it's going to be too hot to even try to ride :/

Brad

Those bikes seats are cool. Luke and I use ours all the time.

Sorry about the weather... it is just starting to get nice here.

Nick

zourtney

Quote from: Nick on Jun 01, 2013, 04:06 PM
We should ride again.
So quotable. If we ever made short videos, that's how we should end them all :)

Nick

The news is making me think I need to start encrypting all my communications, just on principal.

Anyone interested in having an encrypted chat relay available on the server? 

zourtney

Maybe so. What did you have mind?A  Jabber server, or something more sophisticated?

Nick

Jun 08, 2013, 07:44 AM #832 Last Edit: Jun 08, 2013, 07:53 AM by Nick
Yeah, just a jabberer of some sort. Either ejabber or jabber2 or one of the others (there are lots)  ejabber seems the most mature. Most all of them support ssl and some other encryption. 

Finding a phone client to work with them should be easy. Too bad Google talk doesn't support accounts on other servers.

Edit: might be possible to have a private server talk to Googles server for relaying.  And it might also be possible to add other xmpp contacts to Googles chatter.

Brad

Haven't heard anything from our Floridian Ranfomland outpost lately. How is everything going?

zourtney

Nimma nimma nimma do ba! [shampoo in my head!] It's so hot I'm gonna have a heat stroke-a!.... Um, I mean, it is getting hot, humid, and thunderous, which seems to mean summer around here. Other than that, not too much. Still programming stuff, using computers when I should be sleeping, and dreaming of camping :)

zourtney

Nick

zourtney

That was easy. What has everyone been up to? I went bowling tonight....I suck!

Nick

I went backpacking. It was fun and now I'm sore. Pics soon :-)

Nick

Did I ever post any pics?

My internet has been dead! The server has been dead! Randomland is now un-dead!

Yeah, I broke it then my internet broke. Hello from WAMP world. Long story...