• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sep 22, 2024, 12:18 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Nick

zourtney

Duuuuuude, man. You just won the Golden Brachiosaur Award. Congrats.

Nick

Really! I have had my eye on the Golden Brachiosaur for some time. But I never thought that I had a chance. Now for the Platinum Pachycephalosaurs...

zourtney

Jun 17, 2011, 09:47 AM #559 Last Edit: Jun 17, 2011, 09:51 AM by zourtney
Quote from: Nick on Jun 16, 2011, 11:58 PMNow for the Platinum Pachycephalosaurs...

Ah yes! I eagerly await your findings.

In the meanwhile, I'll be watching computer science demonstrations from 1968 (strangely fascinating)

Brad

A boring anecdote from lunch yesterday:

I pull up to the Carl's Jr drive thru.
Male voice: Welcome to Carl's Jr! Would like to try out hand-breaded chicken fillet sandwich today?
Me: Uh... just a minute please.
Female voice: Would you like to upgrade that to two minutes?
Me: *confused for a moment* Oh... I don't think so.
Female voice: *kind of laughing at me* OK.

Automated greetings at fast food places make me feel like an idiot.

Nick

You have to give her points for the use of wit in a drive through.  Unless she is blindly asking people to upgrade everything.

"Do you have change for a 20?"
"Would you like to upgrade that to change for a 50??"

Nick

Well. To continue a conversation from another thread...

The weed-pulling took a lot longer then was expected. But we got it done. But no blazering got done. Anyone want to work on it this week after the workings times? I am free tonight and tomorrow night for as far as I know.

zourtney

Sure, sounds like alot of fun! Let's do it tomorrow. What do you want to do? (other than free it from the Suburban's jail)

Nick

Clean it out (again) Its still got some of yours or brads stuff in it. Also put the new(er) headliner in to stop the moisture problem. And maybe bypass the ignition system... or add a switch to the system so when the ignition get stuck you can still turn the thing off. It would be nice to completely replace the ignition switch, but I'm not sure that would be easy. Better ti leave it in the run position and add a ON/OFF switch and a start button? And a hidden lock someplace that disables everything.

Beyond that I plan on flushing the radiator again tonight. Its had some cleaning stuff in it for a while. See if that helps the overheating problem.

zourtney

Cool. Yeah, I'm up for that (probably tomorrow, not today). Have any more of those giant computer case switches laying around? That would be awesome for something!

Nick

I might! I have some of the huge push-button ones. None of the awesome flip ones though. I look on line for a few moments and found a replacement ignition lock for $15 shipped... so that might be the way to go. Forum people say it only takes an hour or so to change out.

Brad

I've got a couple of arcade buttons left over if you want :)

Nick

Haha! That would be awesome for something. To bad they are momentary switches... unless we want to make a digital interior light dimmer or something along those lines :)

zourtney

Sounds perfect for an ignition switch though, doesn't it? Oooh the possibilities!

Still up for doing something this evening?