• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 24, 2024, 03:01 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Portal 2 Maps

Started by Cody, May 07, 2011, 11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody

May 07, 2011, 11:41 AM Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 09:48 PM by Jacsveus
I am sure that nobody is terribly interested, but after buying and playing Portal 2 I decided it would be cool to make my own maps for it. I've spent about the last 4 days trying to figure out how to do everything but I have a pretty good understanding of the way things work now. So now I have started making my own maps for it. If anyone else is at all interested let me know. Maybe I can write a tutorial and/or post them somewhere for download so someone else can take a look at them and give me some feedback.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Yes, I think you should. I will probably never get a chance to try them myself, but it's totally Randomland-worthy!

Cody

You should at least try the game I think. You might actually enjoy it. I don't remember if you have played it or not. Anyways, still trying to figure out stuff with the level making...such a pain.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

I don't think I played it much myself, but have seen it. I like the concept...pretty cool.

We will likely get a console version of it, eventually. So it'd be sadly hard to try your maps, I'm guessing. It would be so possible to make different platforms a non-issue...but alas, the market-holders aren't quite into that (though it's better than it used to be)