• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 02:55 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

I got a ps2.

Started by Nick, Nov 19, 2009, 09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

So after (literally) years of waxing a waning about whether or not to buy the second gen playstation, I finally did it. All I wanted was a decent racing game to play. I had the old GT1 and  2, but they left me lacking in visual appeal and more modern playability. And, as noted, after much debate as to whether it was worth $45 to me (I know... I'm cheap) I got on craigslist and found someone willing to sell one for what I was willing to pay.

And after all that, I still find myself slightly dissapointed with GT3's visuals. Looks so much like GT2 as to not be a difference. Perhaps 4 will be better (once I can get the thing to read that disk, I might have to return it (I got it used for on the cheap but from a retail place.)

If anyone wants to come join in on some nostalgic racing, let me know. By anyone I mean people I know.. random internets probably need not apply.

zourtney

Hahah :) Yeah, we got hit by that open internet invitation thing once with the RAM chips. I hear ya on the PS2 contemplation thing though. I did that for a very long time. Fortunately, that Forza racing series for the Xbox is on par with the GT series. And it was only $20. It is a 2007 game though...I like staying sufficiently dated; am I pushing the envelope of modernity too much?