• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:31 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Blazer electrical fun

Started by Nick, Sep 06, 2008, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I have been (with a little help from my friends) adding some wiring to my S-10 blazer. To start with I added a switch into the dash to replace the old, broken, fan switch. That went well, providing the operator with high and low setting (medium got left out as I could not find a three position switch.) Second I installed another, much cooler looking, switch to the other side of the dash (onto the left outside of the gauge 'pod') to control a power inverter I mounted in the back. Later that  wiring was hijacked for use with the second battery system (controlling the relay for charging the battery until I can find a wire connected to the accessory circuit. Might use the fans + as the radio wire is strangely missing) So its manual on to charge for now. Now I have the added security of a backup battery for use to prevent draining the main one and as a reserve to start the engine in a pinch.

More to come! Including pictures (up on the gallery now) and a howto added to the Motors section.   

zourtney

We should do more of that...and put pictures on here.

Nick

Oh woe is me! Oh how slow is me!

zourtney

Yo Nick, give us an update on what's going down with your wiring project. Last time I was over there, I had to leave right when we were going to work on it.

Also, when do you want to work on your car? The sky is starting to fall (dripping with rain, that is).

Nick

I haven't done much to it since then. I want to get things straightened out on it before I take it up in the woods again.

My car needs work. Any time your free on an evening or weekend let me know. I am mostly free but not always. I still debate on weather or not to just sell it after fixing it or not. I would have to replace it with something cheaper though. Or fix the blazer up nice enough to entice a passenger into.

Maybe I will do some prep work and get my car all ready for some cutting.

zourtney

The offer to help you with your car still stands.

And yo, I totally set you up the bomb here, if you ever want to do an official writeup of Blazer happenings. It couldn't hurt too bad.
randomland.net/motors/blazer

Oh yeah, and there is always this one...well, since yesterday -- YouTube "Blazer" Playlist. Yeah, it's a short list at the moment. But more will com.

Nick

The motors section has gotten weird. I don't know if I like the pagers at the bottom or not. But yes.. someplace I think there is a start to the electrical writeup. Though it may have gotten lost as it was possibly only stored in the old forums. And my car needs fix'n. Maybe on sunday we can cut a ltttle.