• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 09:02 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Official Article Suggestion Topic

Started by zourtney, Mar 31, 2009, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

But its easier to say "The year is twenty one thirty eight" then "The year is two thousand one hundred and thirty eight."

zourtney

Brad

Could you hear yourself saying "twenty-ten" or "two-thousand-ten".

I think it's gonna be around the year 2020 before we switch over to "twenty-x".

zourtney

I smell a New Year's resolution....

Brad

What does a New Year's Resolution smell like?

Nick

Randomland product reviews.

Two things to easily start it off.

• Ebay waterfroof mini oil-ligher
  • Harbor Freight magnesium fire-starter

Future things could be cameras, tents, bike-racks and anything else we want the world to know is cool, or not so cool.

zourtney

Go for it! Where should we put such reviews? I occasionally think of reviewing music or trails or enchiladas or whatnot. I had an original point, but I lost it.

Nick

We can make a dedicated reviews section. Or post them under the section that they most relate to and just tag them as a review. I am never sure of whats best.

Nick

Hmmmm. Make a Motors Review term? Or create a new vocab with just review in it to deign an article a review? Then it can be motors and review. This will lump all reviews together as well as making them related to a category.

zourtney

"Your Almost Their!"
A Grammatical Test on the Proper Use of
There, Their, They're,
Your, You're, and Yore

Nick

Its been done but the world can use more. Especially if its satirical and mocks you as you fail :)

zourtney

Yeah, I'm not very original. But if it's on Randomland, it's going to be satirical and demeaning, of course.

zourtney

Suggestion:
"The Camera The Woods Ate"

zourtney

Quote from: Nick on Oct 20, 2009, 11:43 PM
Just a note....

We are #1 some place. And that place is the google search results for "Harbor Freight Magnesium Fire" AND "Harbor Freight Magnesium Fire starter." Not that anyone should care to any great deal. I just thought it nice to show up in a search not involving the phrase "randomland."

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=Rw&q=Harbor+Freight+Magnesium+Fire+starter+Review&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Awesome! I split this into a new topic, because we could have lots of discussion about how to optimize Randomland for search results. For example, search for randomland (even "randomland.net" on bing, and you get NOTHING, "lolz").

Nick