• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 03:11 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Design and Layout Suggestions

Started by zourtney, May 19, 2008, 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

zourtney

Do you have the Illustrator file for the latest logo?

Nick

Yes. I have illustrator files for about a dozen versions of it too if you like :)

zourtney

Sep 04, 2010, 11:27 AM #288 Last Edit: Sep 04, 2010, 11:33 AM by zourtney
Here it is. So boring that you might have just overlooked it! I call it faviconcept. Just a simple 16x16 pixel tree in three shades of pre-approved Randomland green. Knock it and/or try for yourself (AI file attached)

Nick

I like it. We should use it! So lush and tiny.

zourtney

Sep 06, 2010, 09:34 AM #290 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2010, 10:04 AM by zourtney
A slight change: can you notice it?

Nick

I can. Much smoother points on the bows. I like it better. It looks even more tree like. Use it!

Brad

So when is the mobile-friendly version of Randomland coming?

zourtney

Sep 25, 2010, 10:02 AM #293 Last Edit: Sep 25, 2010, 10:18 AM by zourtney
Aha! I'm not the only one!

I'd like to create a mobile theme. It makes more sense to do it in Drupal 7 (the API is very different). Unless, of course, we just get stuck using 6 because we're too lazy to upgrade.

How are you liking your new phone? I want to play with it :)

Nick

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.

Bam. We move sooooooo slow.

Lets move to 7 and poo-poo the consequences!

zourtney

That's the randomland spirit! Woohoo!

zourtney

I could start a new topic...but why? When I can just dredge up old ones!

I'm starting to play around with theming. In some ways, I'm less picky than I used to be (ie fixed width nay be tolerable). But I'm more picky in other ways...like requiring something mobile friendly and having stuff looks like it was designed on this side of the millennial divide.

Anywho, first order of business: colors. I'm feeling the greens and browns. Perhaps even the autumny shades of orange and yellow. I'll try cooking something up on one of those color-palette sites.

Opinions?

Nick

Sounds good to me. Another thing... the mobile theme wants to quote who you are replying to. We should fix that.

zourtney

Jun 10, 2011, 03:05 PM #298 Last Edit: Jun 10, 2011, 03:09 PM by zourtney
Yeah it does. It's kind of silly. Which is a nice word for stupid.

I was actually thinking about Drupal theming, but we should theme them very similarly, I opine. Both will need some help.

Should we mock up a screenshot or two? I'm not good at Photoshop...also I like having the cart before the horse. It worked for Porsche...

Brad

You have to use the Reply link at the top of the page to reply without quoting a specific message.