• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 07:09 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Boba Fett Helmet

Started by Cody, Oct 04, 2009, 06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

My sister and Brent might like to come along if we do happen to do anything this year. At the very least we should all pile into your place like last year and scare some children.  Let me know when works best for you for helpens.

Cody

I'm not dead and neither is the project! I just need to find a better base to build the helmet around so as to save clay and prevent more incidents like the previous one. The clay cracked from the weight and broke a large chunk off...so until that is solved it is on hold.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

They have foam heads at value village I think.

zourtney

But doesn't it need to be able to withstand the heat to bake it? So you need a marble head or something.

Nick

Just until it dries enough not to break when you pick it up. I guess you would want a smaller head so you can make it extra think and still cast something off it or whatever the plan is.

Cody

Something like that. I just haven't gotten around to the foam head idea yet though it keeps being suggested by everyone.
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

You should buy a mannequin. Then you could make a full suit of armor!  :D

Brad

A mannequin would be pretty awesome to have. It'd give you a place to keep your armor at when you aren't wearing too.

zourtney

That would be quite humorous.

Cody, when are you going to make your head?

Cody

That is a wonderful question...I wonder myself every day. If I actually got something to build it on instead of just complaining I don't I would probably be working on it some every day. But alas, I just don't know what to do about it...
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Sad. I guess you should order a mannequin head or something  :)

Also, "the package" will be delivered to your place today. Let me know when I arrives.

Nick

There are foam heads to be had for cheap. Actual mannequin heads are $$$, unless you find a used one I guess. Raid the dumpsters behind fancy clothing stores!