• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sep 21, 2024, 04:51 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

That's American design for you. But we seem to like the abuse. :)

zourtney

Eve is trying to get us a kitty again. She might actually get one this time though. And I might not say no. Nick, do you "have a fresh batch in the oven," so to speak?

Nick

I hope there are none in the oven. There is one that Richard thinks might have taken up baking, but I think shes just fat. We do have three medium sized kittens though. None of them are box trained (they go in the hay over with the cow and llama) and would probably be more work then it would be worth to box train  them. I will let you know though.

zourtney

zourtney

Oh noes! Who killed Tasha?? ???

Um, just kidding.

Nick

Brad

I'd explain it, but it's more fun if zourtney just seems like he is crazy.

zourtney

What did she ever do to you, huh? Scrapbooking was her life. I just can't believe she's gone... >:(

Nick

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. If there is anything I can do to help you though this time of grieving, don't hesitate to ask. Bye the way, who is Tasha?

zourtney

Some spammer that registered. Brad deleted the account yesterday. I was just joking; it's more fun that way.

Nick

Oh. I figured it was something from a song you were listening to :) It was still entertaining.

zourtney

Man, no posts on Randomland at all today? I'm really lazy today...

Nick

Dude,  just... dude.

Randomland seems slow today.... in speed and in activity. I should soon have more things to post write ups on though. I guess I could even make a few blog entries about things. Not that many people would care... but it would be content!

Brad

The rabbit chewed through the power-cord of my laptop today when I went outside to let the dogs use the bathroom. It took her less than 5 minutes to chew completely through.

$65.99 for a new power adapter and cord. Yippy.

Nick

Feb 08, 2010, 12:35 AM #119 Last Edit: Feb 08, 2010, 12:46 AM by Nick
Dang, that sucks. For that kind of money I would be tempted to make a fix for it. Just cut out the bad part and either solder and wrap the wires and then heat-shrink over them with stuff made for electrical. Or stick a $2 3-wire molex plug inline where it got bit. Those are used for higher amp batteries then your laptops.  Best bet would be the soldering and heavy duty heat shrink insulators I would think. Should be safe enough. Still got that heat gun borrowed?   :)

Our house rabbit, back when we had one would chew on things as well. More then once it electrocuted itself trying to eat though the TV power cable. Our house was littered with extention cords and power cords with electrical tape wrapped somewhere around their middles. Those are all gone now though. A boring old wrap with electrical tape seems to work for a good long time (as seems to get harder to remove with age)

Oh, was it though the AC part or the DC part? You might be able to find the AC cable by itself for reasonably priced.  

And it seems that wallmart has them for $35... strange.