• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sep 21, 2024, 07:43 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

The tires were needed. The beef was a bonus. That's the way it actually went down, but it's no fun to say it that way.

Nick

I know, I know. Free beef. Probably only in the north west do people understand that sometimes you get meat with your tires :) I am still sore that they wouldn't even give me a couple of jerky sticks when I had to get my tire replaced. All you got was 6 hamburger patties for spending more then $400? That less then 10%, not even a good tip. Schwabs just keeps letting me down.  But hey, I guess it is still free.

zourtney

Yeah, getting good customer service may be more "hit and miss" than it used to be. I went to the one in Sublimity (same one you did a while ago). The guy was quite helpful. He jogged a little and even asked me how they could help before I made it inside. The original quote he printed up was for a slightly different tire than what I used to have. After realizing that, he found me and asked which type I wanted. (I dropped the sport tires in favor of the taller, smooth-ride 80k mi tires, by the way). And he gladly checked my back brakes after I poked my head into their shop area and asked. He even reported back to me how paper-thin the back ones were before they finished up...without pushing a sale on me!

I got much better service than the last time I bought tires at that same store (4 years ago, or so). One of the other guys working there yesterday seemed less courteous. His brash, joking demeanor just didn't jive with the kind of customer service I would appreciate. So yeah, even at the same store on the same day, you have no guarantees. I think I was lucky and got a veteran worker who actually believed in quality customer service.

Nick

Economy tires! I guess it makes sense with all that driving in your future.  I need to go get mine looked at. One keeps losing air.

zourtney

One of Eve's was doing that. I had them look at it, they said it was fine, and it's been fine ever since.

Odd.

Nick

zourtney

It's deader than a doornail in here, today.

Nick

Cody should have put his battery question on here. Then it would have been a little livelier. We are going to install a relay to isolate his battery (I think anyway.)
How was your weekend?

zourtney

Cool. When were you planning on doing this?

My weekend was good. Nice and long. Pretty uneventful, but good. I did end up changing our image module a bunch, though. So that was progress, of sorts.

Nick

I like the new image stuff. Looks useful.

Randomland loads slow when your not on the same local network :) I never realized how bad it was...

I am not sure when Cody wants to work on things. Soon I think.

How the new jobzors? 

zourtney

It should be good. But I'm still new and confused.

And now it's raining! :( But it was to be expected. It's not summer quite yet.

Nick

Rain is why garages were made. I hope things go well at your new place of employment. It all sounded interesting.

Rain is nice. And we got the yard mowed before it started :) But now I can't test my tent.

zourtney

Hey, it wasn't pouringly horrible outside today. And I saw a yellow plane circling.

Nick

It was kinda nice. What was the plane doing?

My windows expires in 4 days :( I have to do a clean install to "upgrade" to the release version of 7. No fun

I just updated the forum so we are running the newest version ever of the 1.XX line.

zourtney

Cool, I tried doing that remotely once but it was giving me grief.