• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sep 21, 2024, 12:54 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Yep, maybe we should rename it "NOP" :) Ah, the tomgeekery...

I took pictures, but nowhere near enough. I did walk in the snow a little though...barefoot even!

Nick

That would be great name for the time kill'n chatter'en lounge. And then we could get lizards :) I like the irony of having the general chat thread being called "Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!" So long live the forums. 

zourtney

True, that is kind of ironic. I hadn't really thought about it like that! I confused abou the lizard thing, though we both do have repitilian pets. Mine finally shed a little.

Nick

'Lounge lizards,' sorry. I was being a little abstract.

Does your little green friend look any bigger? And I guess he is really more of a tan.

zourtney

Yeah, he is is definitely bigger. Not really longer, but much fatter. He's developed quite an appetite, as of late. We might have been underfeeding him a little. The pet-store people said he'll eat about one cricket per day. He has been eating more like 3 or 4. I wonder if he just likes the thrill of the hunt, though. Maybe we're overfeeding him now?

Nick

You would think he would stop eating when he is no longer hungry. Or is he one of those critters that just don't know when to stop?

Brad

What kinda lizard is he?

Was this pet store guy the owner of a small pet store or an employee of petco, petsmart etc? Some of those guys are really knowledgeable and some of them just make stuff up to seem knowledgeable.

zourtney

Well, we were told he would only eat when he is hungry. This might be true; it's kind of hard to tell if he's eating because he is hungry or not. (Though I haven't actually tried a direct inquiry...)

They also told us he wouldn't bother trying to eat food larger than (approx) the size of his head. But I've seen him chomp at some BIG crickets. Maybe he just eats them because they're annoying  :) Either way, he's growing and seems fairly happy...though I am no lizard-psych.

As for what kind he is, I'm pretty sure he is a Tremper Albino Mack Snow Leopard Gecko...! Quite a name, eh? That's from viewing pictures on the internet, like here. Leopard Geckos seem like the common thing to have. I never knew how many different colorings they came in until I looked it up on Saturday. He looks a lot like this one.

Nick

Yup, that's what I remember him looking like. He's cool, though I didn't realize he ran MacOS. That's even cooler! I always figured you would go for an open source lizard, but Snow Leopard is nice in its own way.  ;D

zourtney

Hehehe :D I know, isn't it sad that Apple's marketing has won over my brain's primary reference "snow leopard?" Instead of thinking of some large feline (inherently awesome), I think computer software (inherently boring).

Nick

zourtney

Oh, did I mention carnivorous? Large! lurking! carnivorous! fluffy [looking]! And they pounce!

Nope, instead I think computer operating system. Boooooooring.

zourtney

zourtney

Man, where did everybody go? It's boring in here today...

Nick

I know. I am here. But have sadly little to say. It kinda seems to be a headache day, and those hamper my creative output. Maybe I should go try and fix something.