• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sep 22, 2024, 10:20 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Yourself is always welcome to provide it!

Brad

Today at work I brought in an old computer with Windows 98 on it. I hid it behind my coworkers desk and plugged his mouse, keyboard, and monitor into it. His actual computer sits on his desk, I left all the normal cords plugged into it so unless you go behind the desk you won't realize it isn't the computer you are actually connected to. Then I left a note on his desk stating that the IT helpdesk would be by to do some software upgrades that should be completed by the time he gets back. He has been on vacation in Hawaii, and gets back on Monday. I'm looking forward to seeing his reaction to his "upgraded" workstation.

I originally planned to use a PC with Windows 95 but I could find anything with a 300mhz or less CPU.

zourtney

Lol, ok, that's actually pretty funny. Let us know how it goes!

Cody

I just went for a 1.5 mile run down the road. I am quite certain I ran into a skunk.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Brad

Nick

That sure would help one be certain of it.

Cody

Well, more literally, I ran away from a skunk! It might have been our cat, but I really didn't want to risk it.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Brad

F$%# you US government. Thanks to your stupid/potentially illegal lawsuit against MegaUpload all of the other file sharers have shut down or restricted access from the US. Now I can't find a stock ROM for my Acer Iconia tablet ANYWHERE. Every link is broken. This is a completely legal file which am no longer able to get access to. I've found a few rooted files but as I can't boot up the tablet I'm not able to root it. Thanks to you basically being an enforcement arm for the RIAA/MPAA jerks you've just made the internet that much of worse place for normal people without having done any damage whatsoever to the pirates.

Yes I am really annoyed/frustrated right now. Sorry for the rant.

Nick

Wow, that sucks. Would using a proxy or something help?

Also, I agree. Copyright should only be a civil matter between the infringer and the owner. You don't see the patent office hunting down violators do you? No, you don't. Disputes are settled in court without the involvement of the FBI or swat teams. 

Brad

I'm going to try and send it back to Acer to fix. I called yestereday but apparently their ticket system was broken so they asked me to call back later.

The MegaUpload lawsuit was especially henious as the only thing connecting the website was the .com domain which was registered with a US company. The site was not hosted in the US. Apparently the US is the worldwide ineternet copyright police.

Nick

You might try an android device forum. From what I have read in the past they make rom backups before flashing custom ones, so someone might have a copy of your stock rom to share. I surprised Acer can't get you one.

zourtney

Forums, why are you so dead?

Nick

So few posts :( 

How is the baby?

zourtney

Baby is good. And pretty cute, as far as babies go. :) She's all over the internets!

zourtney

Mans. So the deads in here. Or something like that.