• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sep 21, 2024, 02:48 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Peep. Peep, peep. PEEP!! YOOP?>!

zourtney

Dude, where did everyone go? We should do stuff this weekend. Swamp diving, perhaps?

Nick

Clutch replacing perhaps. Out pickup got a little stuck last weekend and Richard killed the clutch trying to get out of the snow. So for saturday at least I will be helping with that. Your free to come over and help. Then there will be three of us in a small space rather then two! (its in the barn. The cats love having us down there with them)

zourtney

Wow, that's a bummer. Didn't you just replace the transmission in that thing? It's probably been longer than I think though... Yeah, I could always take pictures, attempt to help, attack farm-life with angle-grinders, etc.

Nick

Its been longer then it seems. But I think it may be the same clutch from before the transition went out. I am not sure.

Come on over if you want! It would be nice to have more help. Should be nice and miserable outside. :)

zourtney

I, um, like miserable?
No, wait.
Misery loves company?
Something like that.

Yeah, I could probably spare some time and head on over. I don't really have much else to do, actually.

Nick

Give me a call or just come on over!

zourtney

Wow, you went to bed even later than I did...

Maybe I'll try dragging Cody along. I'm sure that he's not up to much today either.

Nick

Yay. The truck is ALL taken apart and the engine is partially lose and raised. Now I get t ogo to the junk yard and fine some replacement bolts and a hood opening cable.

Bam. Now the forums is less dead (at least .02% alive anyway)

zourtney

Wow. Messy. And yeah, flywheel bolts are fun to take off.

zourtney

Man, I expected the forum to be brimming with posts this week, but it actually seems quite dead. We should go swamp diving some time soon.

Nick

Just say when! Our truck should be fixed by tomorrow if you want to leap gracefully into a swamp.

zourtney

Man, the forums is so dead. Did you finish your truck?

Nick

Yeah. We put the last of the pieces on last night and filled up the radiator. Then we took it for a test drive, overheated a little, added more water in the winco parking lot and were good to go. The power steering fluid was low for some reason too.... not sure how it got out other then because we had the engine tipped to far back for a while. But now it runs and drives again. And I have more knowledge id the S-10's insides... and more disdain for chevy engineers. (I mean, come on! Who designs a truck that you have to lift the body to get the oil pan off!)

zourtney

Heh...yeah, I bet. I could be mistaken, but it seems that General Motors very unique engineering1 approach to most everything.

1 The Pontiac Aztec proves that uniqueness is not limited to the mechanical engineering department, but has spilled into the design department as well.