• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 08:27 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Terraria

Started by Brad, Jan 03, 2012, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

You missed the $2.50 Christmas sale.

It runs on a Mac with some wrappers and some help... It runs on Linux with MonoGame. Windows is the easiest environment to use it in though.

Brad

Everyone failed at hardcore mode. Nick drowned and fell to his death repeatedly, I was eaten by "The Eater of Worlds".

So we switched to mediumcore characters. Rather than being permanently dead you just drop all of your items on death. It is often really difficult to recover them without a grappling hook or whatever other tools/weapons you used to get to wherever you died.

And last night I was knocked into a Lava pit at the edge of the world and died. All of my stuff flew off the edge and into infinity. So now there is no way I can recover any of it.... That was a worse penalty than playing on hardcore....

Nick

Haha.... sorry to hear that.

We can remake it! We have the resources! I'll be on tonight.

Brad

Apparently the falling off the edge of the world thing is a bug or something and isn't supposed to happen? That is the impression I get from reading the internet.

Nick

Yeah, there is not supposed to be a big gaping hole at the edge of the world.

After many (of my) fatalities we got your stuff back though... and mine... multiple times.

Cody

And mine too...

Especially after trying to do stuff in the dungeon last night, I think we made a very wise decision to make mediumcore characters instead. We really just aren't good enough yet to do hardcore.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Yeah, I seem to be far too reckless... and now good enough with the grappling hook. Having the rocket boots seems to help a ton though. Just jump over everyone!

Cody

Is it just me or has the Randomland server been down for the last few days? I have been unable to log in.
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Nick

Terraria does not keep the domain name in its server list (though it should) it keeps the IP that it resolves to at the time you first enter the server. So as soon as my IP changes (quest likes to do this a lot for some reason, but we will be getting Wave cable internet soon. Should be 10m down and 2m up compared to our 1.5m down and 768k-1m up!!!!)

So just put in randomland.net where it wants an IP and it will find the server. I will email the terraria devs or post on their forums requesting that they keep the domain and just take the 50ms that it needs to resolve that to an IP.

Nick

Hosted back on linux. Please report any anomalies or bugs. If needed I have a windows virtual machine I can move them to (though will access to less memory.)

Cody

Anomaly detected

Type: Teleportation - a sudden and instantaneous relocation of the player against their will.

Reasoning: Uncertain

Conjecture: I suspect that this anomaly was due to the use of tshock, as is usually the case with teleportation issues. ...um but yeah, it wasn't that bad and nothing like the issues we were having before so I say just don't worry about it.
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Ok. Still under linux but will all the extra stuff disabled. Well see how it goes.

zourtney

Anyone still play this? I saw it was 66% off on Steam this morning.

Cody

I would play it if I had someone to play with. Brad still has a copy of the game he bought for you during the summer sale.
   --Boba Fett