• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 06:58 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

We need to go riding

Started by Nick, Sep 17, 2009, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

The nice weather makes me want to go on bike rides. Of course, the spring rain will probably hit at any moment, but the sun is taunting me. Eve and I almost went disc golfing yesterday, but I had to be mean and say "no" because she needs to let her elbows heal. But the nice weather almost persuaded me otherwise.

Anyway, we should make some bike trips this summer.

Nick

zourtney

I was really wanting to go bike riding. But then the rain came (and my head kinda hurts, but I'm sure that'll be gone before the rainclouds are). Cody has expressed underwhelming enthusiasm and grossly overstated my state of fitness in recent, casual conversations.

All that to say: where can we go that you[all]'d be willing to ride bikes for a while? I like dirty hills, but that's not for everyone. Should we slam some rubber down on the Minto BrownPDF concrete? Lollygag again through Stayton's park? Go squirrel jousting in Bush Park?

Pitch some (reasonable) ideas; I'll surely find them fun! And you should, too!

Nick

I rather like Minto brown as a biking destination. Mostly because I have some rather fond child hood memories from that area, but even so its still a decent place to spend an afternoon on wheels.

Finding some new two-wheel trails would be nice too. Something like the park in Stayton, yet about 3 miles longer.

I have never been riding in bush park, just walking. Might be nice. Plus there are plenty of places downtown that are bike friendly.

Brad

I say we go this weekend! What works for you guys? Saturday or Sunday? I vote for Minto as the destination, but I'd be happy wherever.

zourtney

Maybe. I may have plans this weekend. Secret ones that even I don't know about. But yeah, this weekend or next. Or even both! Minty Browns sounds just fine to me.

Nick

Speaking of minty things, how is that lemon mint plant doing? Oh yeah, lets bike bike! I think I am ok either weekend. Though I guess I should check. I agreed to go help my uncle with some computer things and he lives 4 hours away. That is to say I won't be in town when that happens.

zourtney

Um, they're mostly dead. I think I should plant them outside or something.

Nick

Perhaps we didn't get enough of a root. If you cut off most of the foliage it might give it a better chance to come back. Let me know if you want another. We have LOTS of them.

Nick

Sun, tires and fresh air? Anyone?

zourtney

Perhaps next Saturday or Sunday. I got a small bike ride in, around Stayton. The bike trail needs some maintenance..! Maybe I'll go find a shovel before I head there again :)

Nick

I will be out of town next weekend :(

zourtney

Oh yeah. Well, that's ok, the next or next weekend's next weekend is fine as well.

zourtney

Today was going to be a bike riding day. I was thinking of taking this route; from Stayton, to Aumsville, back to Stayton. Google pegs it at about 9 miles which sounds like a healthy start. But it was rainy today, so I didn't go. Maybe next weekend.

Nick

I think I have done part of that with you. Does that include the section of road over by that school... you know the one with the hills that never end...