• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 02:31 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Banner

Started by zourtney, Nov 12, 2009, 05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I like the nav bar :)
I might make a few small changes to tie it into the banner more. Make it all integrated or something.

zourtney

Did you work any more on this? I very much liked the image shown a few posts back.

Nick

I have been genuinely busy the last few days. Trying to get some cars back to working, putting up insulation in my grandma's garage and taking a 6 or so mile hike around silver falls has kept me away from playing with colored pixels. But soon I hope.   

Nick

REV2 of RL snow-trees

zourtney

Looks good! I definitely like the snowy theme. We could even make a few images with icicles or snow drips and slap them on the sidebar tops or post titlebars.

The only thing bad thing about the banner image is that the trees seem a little blurry. Can the edges be sharpened?

zourtney

It almost needs a guy flying sideways through the air on a snowboard above the RL :)

Nick

zourtney

We should get a new banner for the main site. It's cool and all, but the one we have here on the forum just blows that other one away with, uh, like 50 megatons of awesome. So yeah. I guess I could try to make one myself...I'm sure that would be disastrous, though.

Nick

I have some made. But I never think anything looks good enough. I'll try drawing more trees. I like trees.

zourtney

Nick (or anyone, for that matter): do you have any interest in making up banner ideas still?

Nick

Yes, always. I have been finding far too many things to distract myself lately (Wow, it seems that after playing guitar for a while I cant type! I just got back from class as it were) But I would live to see something more interesting go up on the main page. Not that I don't like the "spooky forest" but its not October anymore. Perhaps something spring related? Leaves and greens and barky brown barks.

Nick

I posted this in the (locked) randomland needs a new logo thread. But that thread is full of broken links and missing images. It should probably be allowed to bury itself over time.

Anyways..
I have been toying with springy designs for the forum logo.

Tell me what you think. If you will. :

Nick

And another for the right end of the header.

Lil' Cabin:

zourtney

Mar 15, 2010, 01:43 PM #43 Last Edit: Mar 15, 2010, 01:46 PM by zourtney
Me like. Especially the little tree to the left of the cabin. Spring time, oh yeah.

Edit: the center one, that is.

Nick

I have updated both images to include (perhaps?) better looking grass.