• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Apr 30, 2024, 06:05 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Official Article Suggestion Topic

Started by zourtney, Mar 31, 2009, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

How you can never rack a pool triangle with perfectly alternating solids/stripes.

x
     o  x
   x  8  o
 o  x  o  x
x  o  x  o  o

grr!! Triangles!!
Why does this bother me?

Nick

My grandma had one of those not that long ago. Easy for me to diagnose but had her convinced it was possessed.

zourtney

One of us needs to get better at Flash animations or drawing...for the funnies

Nick

:) yup. I should play around with that on the next occasion I find myself with a bit of down time. 

zourtney

Yeah, sometimes I get things in my head which lend themselves to Flash animation or comic strips (but they probably aren't funny to anyone else!).

More annoying ideas: write about how my phone turned into a megabrick and wouldn't even display anything on the screen (the internet seems void of such tales).

zourtney

Have you ever tried to literally "hit the ground running?" It's an interesting sensation.

Nick

Since when does being "a mom" lend any credibility to a person over someone who is not one? Take advertisements like "New cold remedy, discovered by a mom" or perhaps "discovered by a teacher who was tired of being sick" does being a mom offer better qualifications then perhaps, say a medical degree?

zourtney

Fun things to do:

Turn your back to traffic at a stop sign in the suburbs. As the vehicle starts to move, guess the number of cylinders the engine has based on engineand exhaust tone. Sneak a peak as they drive away to confirm or discredit your guess.

Nick

BMWs will make that difficult. They have a nice subdued tone that still hints at power. And that reminds me. My car is broked :(

zourtney

Very true, on both fronts. If you want me to stand around and be useless while you dremel dangerously close to your gas tank, I'm THERE! I'll even take pictures. Maybe even help! (I usually end up about half as useful as I'd like to be)

Nick

Sep 06, 2009, 11:07 PM #40 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2009, 11:09 PM by Nick
Sounds good. When are you free? Brad was talking about a Monday thing as you both have it off.

And on a side note: Richard got an elk. There will be sausage this winter!

zourtney

Nice. Tasty!

Another idea: how to install a Linux server running in VirtualBox. The tricky part is setting up port-forwarding, so give details on that.

zourtney

When do we make the switch from saying the year as "two thousand [and] X" to "twenty X". I mean, all of those sci-fi stories talk about "twenty-twenty-five" or whatever. How disappointing would it be if that year rolled around and we're still saying "two thousand twenty-five??"

Nick

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I have heard media people say it both ways. And they are probably going to be the trend setters on that. I propose that we do our best to usher in the new decade with an attempt to make twenty ten the accepted moniker for describing the year.

zourtney

That's what I was thinking, though I am oddly torn. People don't get the option but once every hundred years (2xxx), or perhaps only once every millenum (xxxx). As such, who am I to stick with the old, techically incorrect "twenty xxx" notation? I could gleefully welcome continuing use of the the "two thousand xxx" notation. After all, people in 100 years won't have such a nice, round number on their hands!