• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

Apr 30, 2024, 11:54 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Image System Bugs and Suggestions

Started by zourtney, Nov 04, 2009, 03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Sounds like another project. I don't think it'd be too hard, but a project nonetheless. I vote for working on section landing pages first -- like Motors, Rec, etc. If we get that looking good (like we were talking about in that other thread), we could make the gallery pages look similar. I guess what I'm saying is that everyone knows that gallery page is ugly, so we can put it off until we have a more defined look. :)

Nick

zourtney

I just had a sad, sad revelation: since moving the new gallery stuff to displaying with LightBox, you can't get a full size, downloadable copy of the image. Well, you probably can if you start guessing image URLs. But there is no link to get the full version. And if you right-click in the LightBox (or it is ThickBox? whatever), you don't get normalish options.

Am I just overlooking something?

Nick

Jan 30, 2010, 09:11 AM #33 Last Edit: Jan 30, 2010, 09:17 AM by Nick
There should be a link to get the full sized image on the bottom left of the popup. I will check it to make sure though.

EDIT:

I looked and the gallery pages have two option to see a larger image on the popup. The rlimg thing does not. I don't know if that's a difference from using thinkbox to lgihtbox/thinbox whatever (we should only have one installed :)) or what. It might just need some settings changed on rlimg call to the popup module.

zourtney

Umm...where?
http://randomland.net/node/737

On the popup, I have the expando option, the close option, and the "view details" options (which incidentally takes you right back to the same page you're on).

Nick

You don't get the green "download original" link at the bottom left, taking you to http://randomland.net/sites/default/files/zourtney/images/Tentin%27%201277.jpg ?

zourtney

No, no I'm not. Either the permissions are differing for our accounts, or I fail the "Where's Waldo" test.

Here's a screenshot of what I see. Click to go to image node.

Nick

Jan 30, 2010, 07:09 PM #37 Last Edit: Jan 30, 2010, 07:18 PM by Nick
OK. Its a bug in the lightbox module. They are looking for permissions that are no longer part of the imagefield module, and as such not present. There is dev release with it fixed that we can install. In fact, I think I will do that.

Edit:
I installed the updated version. It appears I can now get that link while logged out. I hope this fixes it. Been a little too long since I banged around on the drupals.

zourtney

So...I've been trying, off and on, for a long time to find a module which let's you rotate images uploaded as an Image node. So far, I haven't had much success.

I have uploaded quite a few pictures which are portrait orientation. Now, of course this information IS stored in the JPEG. But our system isn't smart enough to display it properly. And I haven't found any nice module which either a) rotates it and displays it properly on the fly or b) allows you to rotate the stored copy.

This seems so mindbogglingly basic. All I find is references to "write a PHP script which does X, Y, and Z." Come on Drupeople.

Nick

We could write one. I don't know how off hand but it cant be hard. Then we can make it into a module!

zourtney

@#%#^%!

I don't think it is hard. So why aren't there 43 modules out there which implement this already??

Hmm, I've got this great idea! I think I'll call it a wheel...  >:(

zourtney

As promised:
We need to look in to editing the get parameters on the imagestream. The [] brackets in the URL (when you filter by tag) do not parse properly on systems looking for bbcode. This forum is, of course running bbcode. Also, I believe Drupal has a bbcode parser on one of two of the input modes we use.

For example...
http://randomland.net/ImageStream?keys=&tid[]=810

I'd like to continue tweaking the imagestream to be more friendly and return more accurate results. This would probably be a good place to start.

Nick

Yes and ok. Everything needs work still and probably always will. But that ok. Its all kinda interesting if not fun to play with. Improving the image stream is up there on my list with new front page banner.

zourtney

I was going to maybe play with the views sometime...see if I can figure out how those are working. Let me know if there's anything I can help with.