• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 01:27 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

S-10 Blazer

Started by Nick, Dec 03, 2009, 09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

Quote from: Brad on Sep 06, 2011, 11:18 PM
Last time I borrowed Nick's engine hoist I kept it for a couple years... You guys are doing really good comparatively.

I guess that depends in whether or not Nick actually got it back yet. It's been several weeks...it's not at my place, so I don't really know. There's still time...they may catch up.

Anyway, Nick, did you ever get that "new" starter in that-there Hobomobile?

Nick

Haven't picked up the hoist or put the starter in. Been selling car, making costumes and fixing motor bikes. But soon I will install it. People are getting antsy for me to move the thing out of the barn :)

zourtney

Well, if you ever want me to stand around and get disproportionately dirty, let me know :)

Nick

I have some time tonight!

Cody

I was thinking maybe we could get that engine hoist back to you today if you would like it back. We are certainly done with it.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Yeah. I can bring the truck over to get it, or I can just come over to help load it up. Let me know when!

Cody

Quote from: zourtney on Sep 22, 2011, 11:45 AM
Well, if you ever want me to stand around and get disproportionately dirty, let me know :)

I can do this too! If Court wants to go do stuff tonight and I am invited then maybe I can bring it over later today? Or you could come get it and I can go back with you...or something like that.
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Do you have your license now?! If so I will come help load it and you can drive it over if you like. Otherwise I will go home for the pickup and come get it. Or you might get Courtney to come drive for you, and I will still come and help without the pickup.

Either way, you are always invited to come hang out and get dirty.

Cody

Well I still only have my permit, but I am physically capable of driving even if I don't entirely trust myself. But unfortunately my mom has to go to the dentist and my truck will be unavailable for the hauling of the hoist. I was unaware of this at the time I offered to get it back to you...

But yeah! If you want to do stuff sometime today I have nothing planned and wouldn't mind going over there.
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Cool. I will bring the truck over after I get off work.

Nick

Oct 19, 2011, 11:22 AM #70 Last Edit: Oct 19, 2011, 12:35 PM by Nick
The blazer is back up and running. Now with all the correct bolts.  Even better is that the 4WD works again!

zourtney

Say what?! Impossible!

Let's go break it. :) Camping time.

Nick

Another 120 days with no blazer posts. So sad.

I just got a $9.99 off-road light from the harbor. I am going to take the HID setup that was on my bike and put it into the off-roader. (The HID setup was too much of a hassle for using without blinding people, so I put the stock light back in. Might get a cheap, high-powered LED setup for dark lonely roads and deer avoidance though)

Should I try to mount the light on the roof or make a bracket to attach it to the bumper? For wiring the thing, the bumper is the best choice, but for light spread and easy mounting the roof is the best. Personally I am leaning towards the bumper.

zourtney

Hmm, this sounds like fun. I remember this dilemma, back from when I had my truck. I ended up going for the bumper. But(!) considering the Blazer's off-roadness and always-questionable bumper system, the roof sounds reasonable. And fun.

Viva la camp!

Nick

Viva la camp!

I have a replacement for the blazers ever questionable bumper. It seems nice and straight.

Given the difficulty with locating the electronics on the roof (like where to run the wire from, how to store the ballast box and the like) I think the bumper is the best option (also I am lazy and bad at waterproofing things.) I think just off center (right next to the license plate, or where the plate should be) would work. A piece of angle iron with three holes drilled into it is all it would take.

Another thing to consider, I guess, is rocks and branch protection for the light. Ideally there would just be a full brush guard on the front and I could call it good. But as there is not a guard, making a little screen/box to go in front of the light might significantly prolong its life.