• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 02:22 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Mans! The Forums Is the Dead!

Started by zourtney, Jul 22, 2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

t3hF0ru/\/\$!!!1 Wow, that's so obnoxious it's fun! I suppose that's why people do it. That and the whole "security through obscurity" farce.

Um. My power just flickered... big time. But the computer stayed on.

Nick

I have no idea what your talking about up there :)

Man its windy though. I better backup the randomnets in case the power dies.

zourtney

Good thinkings. At least do a database dump. Then copy it the world 'round!...or throw it on your desktop's desktop.

zourtney

And yeah, apparently it is windy. I should look outside more often. Though it has been dark for hours now.

Nick

Man, I got me a desktop in my desktop, so I can compute while I'm computing. Dawg.

zourtney

Nick

Well it looks like the power did go out. And drupal took a little poopal in the database. All should be fixed now.

zourtney

Man, the forum is not the place to be today...It's so quiet in here.

Nick

I've been busy helping get things ready for card games tomorrow (and I have a working copy of GT4 now. It has more annoying additions then good ones)

zourtney

Nick

Most races you don't start from a dead stop. You start the race moving in a single file line at about 30mph. So any low-end advantage that you have is lost and everyone is compleatly in the way, making very hard to pass during the first lap. And the tracks suck more, at least from what I have played. But it does look a little nicer and the controls are just a tiny bit better. I like the old way of starting the races so much better that I might not play 4 much. Though I was excited for it at first because you can race in a prius if you wanted :)

zourtney

A Prius? Yuck. I mean, they aren't THAT slow, but it's no race car. One thing I remember about the old GT games is that it seemed Japanese biased. I agree they have mighty fine automotive engineering, but they threw in odd ball Japanese cars (like the Prius, which I now remember being in gt2) but left out odd ball cars from the rest of the world. Perhaps that is just a misconception, though.

Nick

They do seem a little Japanese biased. The Nissan Skyline and NSX seem to blow the pants off higher powered and more costly cars. But maybe thats power to weight.

Also I found in GT4 that you can buy a spoiler for the back of your car. They had things for adding downforce in GT2, but that was part of an aerodynamic package. These are just metal wings bolted to the trunk :)

You get used to some of the weird things in the game dynamics (like the rolling start). Overall I think its a harder game. You cant go as far on your starting car without dumping loads of cash in. But then I started with an MR2 so that could be my problem (an '86 at that.)

My favorite part of the game is the most useless. Its all the rather old and classicy cars you can buy used from the 80's. Like an '84 RX-7 or 300z :).

zourtney

Nice, nice. I never really got a chance to try those games. This totally belongs under our "games" board.

In other news, there's snow everywhere where we are (Sunriver).

Nick

Cool. Make a snowman. And take pictures! (this thread seems to be turning into a general chatting channel :) But it keeps things alive.)