• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 11:36 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

I am currently in Disneyland.

Started by Brad, Dec 10, 2009, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

Aug 18, 2010, 10:22 PM #15 Last Edit: Aug 18, 2010, 10:39 PM by Brad
Ooh that's like the most fancy of the Disney hotels.

Are you flying down? How many days do have in the park? Did you get the park-hopper pass?

Here are some recommendations:

Things to see:
Fantansmic - an awesome show in Disneyland at night. Cool effects and a giant dragon, definitely worth seeing.
World of Color - a brand new show in California Adventures. Check it out and let me know how good it is.
Electric Light Parade - an awesome parade, which I believe moved back over to the Disneyland park recently.
Fireworks - get close enough to see the castle when watching these because it lights up and does cool stuff while the fireworks are going off.

All of the rides are good, but some to definitely not miss:
Disneyland Park:
Space Mountain
Indiana Jones
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

California Adventures:
Tower of Terror
Bear River Rapids (or something like that...)
Toy Story Midway (awesome! but no fastpass)
California Screamin'

Places to eat:
Steakhouse 51 - The best restaurant in all of Disneyland (and most everywhere else). Very fancy, and dinner is rather expensive but it is very good. Breakfast however is reasonably price for Disneyland and is excellent. It's located in the Disneyland hotel and for some reason is not all that well known so it is almost never crowded.

Other stuff:
Fastpasses - Essential. They allow you to get a pass (1 at a time per ticket) which lets you come back to a ride at a specific time and bypass the entire line. In the mean time you can ride on other things or eat lunch or whatever. Grab a fastpass to a popular ride first thing when you get in the park.

Nick

Cool. Have fun! And happy early anniversary.

zourtney

Cool, those are definitely helpful. Yes, we do have the park hopper passes, so we'll be able to check out all of those! I haven't been on a roller coaster in years...and roller coasters are awesome! I remember that Thunder Mountain Railroad from when I went as a kid. Space mountain was broken at that time, I think, so I will make a point to ride that one.

I'm kind of a cheapskate, but the fancy hotel had a decent deal (like 40% off regular room rate). I figure we won't be going again any time soon. Eve's been saving her dollars for quite a while; I think it'll be fun!

Brad

zourtney

Brad

zourtney

He said he missed you. And you should come back soon.

Actually, I just made that up. I didn't see that message until I got back. Bummer.