• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 11:34 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

I am currently in Disneyland.

Started by Brad, Dec 10, 2009, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

Hey! It's Randomland's first post from Disneyland! Yay!

I'm just trying to pass the time while my pictures download to my laptop. So far everything has been pretty awesome. The 16 hour drive down here overnight was grueling but I've had a lot of fun the last two days. Melissa and I just finished watching the fireworks show they put on every night. The've got these crazy fireworks which make a giant smiley face in the sky when they blow up. They also have these other ones which explode it a bunch of pieces and then those pieces speed up and shoot off in different directions. It's kinda hard to describe actually.

It's not too packed down here right now, I've been able to get on all the rides with almost no wait. We'll see how Friday and Saturday are though. Going to check out California adventures park tomorrow. That is the one next to Disneyland, it's not quite as good but it's got a roller coaster and the Hollywood Tower of Terror which drops you down an elevator shaft.

Hope everybody is doing good back in the Salem area. Is it still freezing cold there? It's been in the 40s all day here.

I'll try to post again before I leave, probably tomorrow night.

zourtney

Coolio. Yeah, it actually has been freezing cold here, pretty much the whole time. I think yesterday's high was in the upper 20s, but it might have broken freezing. My internet thermometers told me that it was between 12 and 14 degrees this morning. Wednesday morning I think it said 10, or something. Anyway, yeah, it's cold and snowless -- one of my less favorite weather patterns (though driving is only standard-hazardous).

You should uppost some pictures of Disneyland. Did you get any cool firework shots?

Nick

Defiantly post some of them pictures! Glad to hear you are having fun. I didn't even know you had left yet. Enjoy the weather :) Its cooooold here, but should be back up to the 40's next week. We might even get some freezing rain this weekend.

Pictures!

Brad

Well, it rained and rained and rained and rained today. I bought a plastic poncho thing. Some guy was wearing a shopping bag on his head and some other people were wearing black trash bags with holes for their heads ripped in the top. There were still a ton of people out. Rain on the sidewalk was a big problem, huge puddles and slick surfaces. The sidewalk concrete has terrible traction in the rain and it has weird slopes all over the place which cause puddles. Disneyland has these guys with big squeegees on poles who push all the water of the sidewalk and into the drains.

Going home early tomorrow morning. Should be home around midnight. It doesn't look like there will be any problems going over the mountains. I'll post some pictures when I get back.

Nick

Its been raining here. And still cold. It might be snowing in the pass if it gets a little bit of our weather. Hope its all clear for you.

Frioevie

Lucky!!! I've only ever been to california adventures i liked it :) maybe court and I wil be able to go this summer or for our next anniversary :-) I hope the drive home goes well!

Brad

I am currently no longer in Disneyland :(

I made it home at 2:30 am last night. Drove straight through from Anaheim, CA to Stayton OR. 16 hour drive. The only problem we ran into was freezing fog from Weed CA to about Eugene OR. No real ice on the road though, just ice forming on the car.

I'll post some pictures when I get done with work and then go home and get some sleep.

Nick

Glad you made it back ok. How I miss taking road trips, I usually enjoyed the passing of scenery and random stops as much as I liked the ultimate destination for the trip.

Looking forward to your pictures! Let me know if the image thing give you any trouble. The whole site went though some moving pains so its hard to tell what might still be feeling stubborn.

zourtney

Dude, I might go to Disneyland. Any recommendations?

Brad

zourtney

Ok, I guess that is some helpful advice.

Brad

Well if you actually are going I could give more helpful advice such as things you should see, places you should eat, hotdogs you should avoid eating, etc...

zourtney

Ok, Eve and I have the time off work now, so we most likely will. :)

Brad

Awesome! How many days are you planning on being there?

zourtney

Yay, it's booked! Sept 17-20: Honeymoon #3. It's expensive, of course, but that's Disneyland for ya (and traveling in general). It should be awesome, indeed. We are staying at the super fancy Grand Californian because we found a decent rate on it.