• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:38 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Five Iron DVD

Started by zourtney, Mar 22, 2010, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

My Five Iron Frenzy DVD came today! Well, it's probably been sitting in the mailbox for a while, but I do have it now. ShadyMan came through! In a hand-addressed, manila envelop came by DVD and a poster printed on medium weight paper (like twice as thick as normal paper, but not super thick).

I tried uploading pictures to Randomland. And randomly(?), I get Flash error Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2038: File I/O Error.

Stank.

Let's just hotlink to Facebook. No one cares anyway!

(Sorry, the last one's a little blurry)

Nick

Cool!

And, as mentioned elsewhere in the forums (though not in any place proper) there is a bug in the image uploader, making it incompatible with the newest (v3.6) firefox.   There are other image uploaders out there, I just need to evaluate them.

zourtney

Curse me! for keeping my software updated.

Brad

Have you watched this yet? Can we get a review?

zourtney

No. Yes: "it is awesome!"

Nick

How can you review it sight unseen?

zourtney

A hope unseen is not a hope at all1, but sometimes the bravest thing of all is to hope2.

zourtney

A weekend is coming up. Time to watch the video. Anyone want to come? I have ...popcorn!

Nick

Maybe Saturday. Easter looks to be a busy day.

zourtney

yeah, I'm going to be busy except for a few hours tomorrow morning

Nick

Probably not this weekend then.

zourtney

I watched the DVD! And it was indeed awesome. Perhaps my enjoyment is rooted more in a nostalgic, history-of-my-youth type of way than anything. But there's nothing wrong with that.

The video was well done and insightful to anyone who is more than a casual Five Iron fan. It's both honest and goofy. Anyone* is welcome to borrow it**. If you watch the extras, remember to put your Junior High Humor hat on :) Yes: goofy.

There are three entire live shows on the coaster which I have not watched yet. And an audio commentary track which I will wait to listen to on some cold, wintry night. The feature video is about 190 minutes, presumably the commentary lasts that length as well. But I'll let it settle first.

* anyone I am acquainted with
** as long as I get it back some day

zourtney