• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 07:02 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Orchestra Music Anyone?

Started by Cody, Feb 19, 2011, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody

I am personally rather fond of music that is done by an orchestra. Maybe I am just weird but I find it far more...moving than all that stuff that is so unfortunately so popular these days. You know what I am talking about. Anyways, during some random Youtube surfing a couple months ago I ran across this band which is, in my opinion, phenomenal. Or at least great. So yeah Court said I had to write a topic about it so here I am doing just that.

The music production company is called Two Steps from Hell. I guess they make music for movie trailers and whatnot. But it's good stuff. Go listen to them!...if you want.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Then you might like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_String_Quartet
Pandora had been playing some of that sort of thing for me recently.

zourtney

I hadn't ever heard of the Vitamin String Quartet before. That is...interesting. Well, it is actually pretty cool, but sometimes doesn't really "work" to have the vocal track played by a violin (or whatever). I heard a clip of a Coldplay cover though -- that seemed like a good fit.

Anyway, yeah, as for Cody's (unlinked) band, I like it. But everything they have released is super-short because the tracks were composed as movie-trailer theme music. One of my favorite things about classical music is that the tracks tend to be loooooooooooooooooong.

I do need more orchestral music though.