• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 08:59 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Skyrim

Started by Nick, Oct 17, 2011, 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I am mostly sure I am going to be getting skyrim. Even thinking about a new video card for it.

Anyone else going to be playing?

Cody

Both Anna and myself, being big Oblivion fans, are thinking we want to get it. From everything I have seen it looks to be awesome.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Oct 17, 2011, 03:57 PM #2 Last Edit: Oct 17, 2011, 04:00 PM by zourtney
Eve doesn't want it, so nope :p Yeah, most all my video game observations come from me watching her play. Sad, I know.

Brad

Would need to rebuild my pc to play it enjoyably so I'll probably wait and get it at a steam sale for greater than %50 off.

Nick

From playing for the short while I have (if ~20 hours can qualify as a short time. I think steam is over stating the playtime a little, but its probably not too far off) I think its defiantly worth the full price! Though its hard to pay $60 when it will likely be on sale for half that in a month or so.

Be sure to turn up the difficulty a notch or two! It makes the game feel so much better balanced. And it makes frost trolls and ice wolves  scary.

On a side note, if anyone does not have Oblivion and would like it you can get the me of the Game of the Year Edition Deluxe on steam for $6.24 at the moment.

Cody

I've played 24 hours so far and I hardly feel like I have scratched the surface, personally. All I have done is run around the bottom quarter of the map and do a few quests. I haven't even done any of the main story past when they got me to the first real town...nor have I been looking for any quests to do really. Not sure what Steam claims the playtime is, but I am sure I could get 100 hours out of it without too much work.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett