• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 07:59 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Be awesome. Whatever it takes.

Started by Nick, Dec 10, 2012, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Inspired by Zourtneys calendar events I have started this thread. Please post your attempts, successes and failures in your quest to attain some further degrees of awesome.  Anything and everything you think is awesome. From cooking bacon over an open fire in a cast iron skillet to unleashing wholesale murder on roof-moss with a power-washer. There is awesome everywhere if we just look for it.

I recently harvested a tree from a farm. It's still-living corps adorns Stars living room. Its life slowly fading from its still green needles. The cats rather like it.

Cody

I am thinking of perhaps laying down some tile for a hard floor entry just inside our front door. Not sure if that classifies as awesome, but I have never done it before!

We also just got an electric chainsaw and I sawed up a bunch of big oak pieces for firewood. That was pretty awesome.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

Nick

Masonry off all types is defiantly awesome!

Didn't you also fix your gas chainsaw? 

Cody

I did! It runs great now. Now if only I could do that to our gas leaf blower/weedwacker thing I would be set.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

I want to become awesome. Its awesomeness is debatable, but I've been working on an app using the latest and greatest of the .NETness. I'm scraping fire danger level data from wfas.net and formatting it for phonery. I'll post when it's presentable.Also, not exactly awesomeness, but I've been spending time interviewing...people. For work. It's weird being on the other end of those things, but kinda cool. I suck with formalities, which somehow works out (so far).