• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 08:12 AM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Techno of Yore

Started by zourtney, Sep 18, 2009, 11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

A long time ago, Brad made a video game and I made some really bad techno music for it. I found it and have posted it on the downloads/music section of the site available here.

Brad

Awesome! Glad to see your techno music isn't lost forever. You should make more!

Now if I could find a copy of the source code for the game I made...

zourtney

I've got it around somewhere. I'll dig through my megadrive of old stuff tonight, if I can remember to do so. It might even be on my laptop...

zourtney

I have a few more of my "techno" songs kicking around. I made one or two comically dumb ones after the batch that got put into Brad's game. Most notably the one that Cody and I call "Walking in Randomland." It was...special. I'll see if I can find that.

All that junk is getting put up under randomland.net/downloads/music. Don't get your hopes up -- it's not good, simply present.

Nick

Despite your disclaimer, those really are not all that bad. What was used to make them?

zourtney

Those were made using FruityLoops (now FLStudio, I believe). I found what appears to be a Linux clone, if you will. It is called Linux Multimedia Studio, or LMMS for short...obviously named by a Linux enthusiast.

Anyway, it seems to be a perfectly workable clone of FruityLoops and is less pirated. I will give it a shot for the next song I try to make. My new amp has an 1/8" input jack, so I might try slappin' down some drum loops and piping it through the amp. Then I can learn to play along with a beat..!

Nick

Funny how there is a windows version of Linux Multimedia Studio :)

zourtney

Haha, so there is! :D Silly, silly.

zourtney

I dredged up a few oldies-but-baddies and have posted them under randomland.net/downloads/music. I made them into pages where you can download them or just listen to them on the page (and save yourself some hard drive space).

I am working on another, crappier, but more electric guitarish song today. It is not good, but it is fun.

Nick

Fun is good. Too bad I am sick.

zourtney

Fun is good, yes. If you weren't sick, we could be playing with puppies and nail guns! (Though not together.)

Nick

Nov 09, 2009, 10:59 AM #11 Last Edit: Nov 09, 2009, 11:01 AM by Nick
I can see it now.... puppies with nailguns! That would be an awesome movie. A mad scientist make cybernetic nailgun prosthesis for puppies in an attempt to take over the world! Or something. Randomland.net totally owns that idea! Hear that Hollywood! Its ours! So go remake ET or something else to destroy the legacy of classic movies. 

zourtney

Hehehe :)

You should fix your soundcard and slap down some mad loopz, yo