• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:43 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Sick at Work

Started by Brad, Sep 28, 2009, 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

So I am at work and I'm sick. Probably something flu-like. Since I'm the only tech guy, I can't stay home sick. I'm having a really hard time concentrating on anything important. Blllllarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh.

Last night I had really weird dreams were I was crawling through a desert searching for a drink of water. My throat was parched and there was no water anywhere. I got so thirsty I ate a small cactus to try and get the water inside of it. The cactus was not actually a cactus, it was a giant hairy spider which crawled around in my throat and I couldn't spit out. I woke up with the worst sore throat I've ever had in my life.

zourtney

Yeah, sorry about that....I guess you didn't pick the most oppotune time to get sick. And I'm a few hundred miles away. That's an interestingly creepy dream though.

Nick

Ummmm. Wow.

Actually that allot of coherent symbolism for a dream. Sorry you don't feel well, but perhaps you can turn your fevered dreams into a surreal flash animation.

Brad

Yeah my brain was interpreting the scratchy feeling in my throat in weird ways.

I still feel like crap, but I haven't had any more crazy spider-in-the-mouth dreams (that I can remember). I'm gonna need to disinfect my keyboard and mouse before the end of this week.

zourtney

Man, you da illest!

Followed by: a multifaceted "sorry"

zourtney

I tried doing the whole "sick at work" thing on Monday, but I failed miserably. However, after a day and a half of recuperation, I am back and at it again!

Nick

Sick at work = sucks at work.

No fun to be sick, let alone sick and trying to think clearly. Get better soon.