• Welcome to Randomland - The Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:47 PM

News:

Get Out, See Green!

Is Dreary the New Cheery?

Started by zourtney, Oct 26, 2009, 08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zourtney

I like stormy weather. I think it's fun. Sunny is boring and overly predictable. Plus, overcast skies usually seem easier on my eyeballs and I can justify having a nice warm cup of coffee at any time of the day. What's not to like?

Cody

"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

Although, I must admit that the long nights of summer have many benefits. Bike rides, welding till 10pm, smacking softballs behind the school, hitting windshields with golf clubserrmm going to junkyards after work, etc.

All in all, I am thankful for seasons. It's good design.

Cody

Well then I must suggest not moving somewhere that doesn't have seasons. Those places are boring...and usually if not always way too hot.
"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
   --Boba Fett

zourtney

I'll do my best, but we will see. Some places have less distinct changing of seasons, but really good burritos. Every cloud has a silver lining, they do say.

Nick

I know someone who moved to Oregon for a time, just to move back to Arizona. Saying that it was too yucky most of the year. I tried to explain the glory of bright sun after a hard rain, but to no avail. Preferring instead the dead cold nights and wretched days of the desert. 

zourtney

It may seem strange to some, but one of my biggest complaints about the Klamath weather was the perpetuity of the sun. Most often, I would awake to another freezing, sunny day. The snow was nice, though.

zourtney

What is up with this sunniness? We're supposed to be living the the wet Willamette valley...and it's winter for goodness sakes! Sure, it has been a bit cool this last week...but where is my rain? (Actually, snow sounds like more fun. I had a dream about snow...it turned out to be nothing more than a dream, sadly)

Brad

Wait is it actually officially winter already? Holy crap fall went by quickly.

zourtney

Nope, December 21. The official start of winter has always seems strangely late to me.